1 (12 ounce) box lasagna noodles
12 ounces vegan hamburger crumbles
3 cups cooked veggies (I like spinach, zucchini, and mushrooms)
2 (20 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6-8 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use Follow Your Heart, Teese, or VeganRella) Tofu Ricotta Mix:
1 (16 ounce) tub firm tofu (not silken), pressed and drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
6-8 ounces vegan cream cheese (either Tofutti or Vegan Gourmet brand are best)
1. Boil the lasagna noodles in water, lightly salted with a bit of oil to prevent sticking. Drain when al dente (firm but cooked) and let cool.
2. Meanwhile, cook the veggies if raw. I cook them in vegetable broth and a pinch of salt until lightly cooked, then drain. Microwave the crumbles according to box directions.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put the tofu ricotta ingredients (except vegan cream cheese) into a food processor. Use the pulse function to keep the coarse texture of the tofu.
4. Microwave cream cheese for 30 seconds to soften. Use a wooden spoon to mix lightly into the blended ricotta mixture. Layer the ingredients in two or three layers, starting with noodles, then sauce, then tofu ricotta, then crumbles, then veggies. Repeat.
5. Top it with a layer noodles, sauce and cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool slightly, eat and enjoy alone or with garlic bread.
Source of recipe: I wrote this recipe from scratch.